We put our customers first and care for you and the community and strive towards the best sustainable practices to bring you beautiful quality products. We also protect your privacy.
At ECO TURTLE LIFE:
- We only request additional personal information upon order or additional optional surveys you choose to partake in (in which the data is randomised and only used internally to improve our products)
- We will always try to collect your personal information directly from you. You have control over what information you give us
- Information like address is only used to deliver products you have purchased, and we will not collect this for any other reason
- We work to keep your personal information secure. When we don’t need it anymore, unless we have a legal reason to keep it, we will securely destroy your personal information.
1. YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT
You do not have to provide any personal information to ECO TURTLE LIFE if you don’t want to. But, if you don’t provide the personal information that ECO TURTLE LIFE asks for, it may not be possible for ECO TURTLE LIFE to engage with you. For example, if you purchase our products online we won’t be able to deliver these to you unless you provide a delivery address.
2. WHO IS ECO TURTLE LIFE?
When we talk about ECO TURTLE LIFE we mean all of the brands or associations including ECO TURTLE SKINCARE and the ECO TURTLE LIFE group. These are ECO TURTLE LIFE ABN: 91 220 924 326. We are a company that provides sustainable beauty and skincare products to Australia and the world.
3. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we talk about personal information, we mean information (such as an address or phone number) or an opinion about an individual. That individual may either be identified, that is, we know who they are, or reasonably identifiable, which means that we can work out who they are from other information that we have. It doesn’t matter whether or not the information or opinion is actually true or whether or not it is in writing.
Remember, the basic idea is that, if an organisation such as ECO TURTLE LIFE collects information that is about you, and that organisation is able to link that information to you, then it will be your personal information.
4. WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
The personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on how we engage with you. For example, we will collect different information from you if you complete one of our surveys compared to purchasing a product online.
The sort of personal information ECO TURTLE LIFE may collect and hold about you includes:
- your name, residential and delivery addresses, telephone numbers, email and other electronic addresses;
- potentially gender;
- information about the products and services you have purchased, ordered or asked about or that you have obtained through ECO TURTLE LIFE;
- your credit or debit card details and other bank details;
- information about your beauty profile;
- your views and insights about our business, products and services that you share as a member of ECO TURTLE LIFE Makers;
- information collected if you access the ECO TURTLE LIFE website or any of our social media sites including for example your IP address. We may also collect other information from those sites via cookies. A cookie is a small data file that might be transferred to your device when you access the ECO TURTLE LIFE website or those other sites;
- information about any feedback you provide, complaints you make and details of any products returned, and refunds provided, to you; and
5. HOW DOES ECO TURTLE LIFE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ECO TURTLE LIFE will usually collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us. You might do this, for example, when you shop in our stores, when you purchase or order any of our services or products on the ECO TURTLE LIFE website or if you participate in one of our competitions.
6. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ECO TURTLE LIFE collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information to help us carry on our business. In other words, we do this to help us provide the best products and services to you and all of our other customers. This means ECO TURTLE LIFE collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide ECO TURTLE LIFE’s products and services to you;
- to provide you with access to the ECO TURTLE LIFE website, including to provide you with content on that site that is relevant to you;
- to provide advertising that might interest you, including information about promotions, competitions and events. Unless you tell us you don’t want to receive it this way, we may provide this advertising to you directly, for example by email or text. We may also provide it when you are using the internet, whether or not you are using the ECO TURTLE LIFE website;
- to help us work out what products and services you are most interested in;
- to respond on any questions or complaints you might have and to provide you with any refunds or exchanges;
- to make our products, services, the ECO TURTLE LIFE website and ECO TURTLE LIFE’s social media sites better;
- to enforce ECO TURTLE LIFE’s rights, including undertaking legal proceedings; and
- to otherwise manage our business and to meet ECO TURTLE LIFE’s legal and regulatory requirements.
7. WHO WE MIGHT GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
But sometimes, for the purposes listed in section 6, ECO TURTLE LIFE may provide your personal information to:
- our related brands under ECO TURTLE LIFE;
- any person that is a party to an agreement with ECO TURTLE LIFE for the sale of all or part of ECO TURTLE LIFE’s business
8. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is held by ECO TURTLE LIFE in electronic form and is protected by electronic and procedural safeguards. Your personal information will either be stored on ECO TURTLE LIFE’s IT systems or e-commerce or website service providers.
When ECO TURTLE LIFE does not need your personal information any more, ECO TURTLE LIFE will securely destroy it, unless there is a legal reason why ECO TURTLE LIFE needs to continue to hold that personal information.
10. YOU CAN ASK US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are very happy to tell you about the personal information ECO TURTLE LIFE holds about you. If you want to know what we have, just reach out to ECO TURTLE LIFE via email at email@example.com. You can also contact us here: https://www.ecoturtlelife.com/contact-us. ECO TURTLE LIFE will get back to you as soon as we can after you ask us. Sometimes we might not be able to provide you with details about what we hold, but we will explain this to you if that happens.
If you think any of the personal information we have about you is wrong, for example, if you have changed your phone number or email address, please let us know. Alternatively, you can reach out to ECO TURTLE LIFE direct via email. ECO TURTLE LIFE will either update its records or, if there is some reason why we don’t think the information should be changed, we will let you know.
Of course, ECO TURTLE LIFE will not charge you for telling you about the personal information we hold or for making any amendments to that personal information.
11. LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR A COMPLAINT
If you have any questions, or if you have any concerns or a complaint about how we deal with your personal information, please email ECO TURTLE LIFE (see contact details in section 10). I
ECO TURTLE LIFE will treat any request or complaint received from you confidentially. ECO TURTLE LIFE’s Owner will contact you within a reasonable time after receiving your request or complaint. If you have made a complaint, ECO TURTLE LIFE will let you know about ways we could resolve that complaint. ECO TURTLE LIFE aims to resolve all complaints promptly and, in any event, within 30 days of receiving the complaint.